Title: Organizational Change Management (OCM) Leader
Location: Hybrid, seeking candidates local to the Chicago-metro area or surrounding markets (Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan)
Reports to: VP, Project Solutions
Join Our Team as Organizational Change Management (OCM) Leader: Driving Growth and Transformation!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and make significant contributions to our organization’s growth? CARA is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Organizational Change Management (OCM) Leader to collaborate with our portfolio teams and execute exceptional solutions for our clients.
As the OCM Leader, you are responsible for managing consulting engagements focused on organizational change management. This involves planning, executing, and managing projects from sales through execution. OCM engagements may focus on any of these client needs: Systems/IT Implementations, Digital Transformation, Business Process Improvement, Strategy Launches, and Culture Change. Additionally, you will engage in billable projects, supporting engagements with utilization targets of 40-50%.
In this role, you will:
- Spearhead end-to-end OCM consulting engagements, including developing proposals, project plans, client deliverables, and managing consulting teams.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise on change management to identify solutions.
- Coordinate and collaborate cross-functionally with sales, talent management, and leadership.
- Contribute to business development and lead generation efforts, crafting proposals and responses to RFPs.
- Manage scope, budget, resources, timelines, quality, and risk for consulting engagements.
- Maintain exceptional client relationships and identify expansion opportunities to create growth opportunities.
- Coach and mentor consultants team members on engagements.
- Manage key KPIs to enable profitable growth including revenue, gross margin, and utilization.
- 7-10 years of organizational change management (OCM) consulting experience.
- Expertise in organizational change management approaches, techniques, and leading best practices.
- Excellent project management, presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Nice to have: Change Management certification in Prosci, LaMarsh, CCMP, etc.
- Communicating Effectively
- Consultative Approach
- Executing Results
- Making Sound Decisions
- Work Organization / Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Ensure Accountability
- Executive Influence
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Location: Hybrid, we seek candidates located in the Chicago-metro area or surrounding markets (Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan)
- CARA is a remote first organization. Our clients have occasional needs to meet the Project Team throughout the engagement and you can travel to client locations as needed.
Join Our Journey!
If you're a highly motivated, adaptable, and results-driven professional with a passion for making a difference, we want to hear from you! The Client Engagement Director role at CARA offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our success and grow both personally and professionally. Embrace the chance to lead change and drive innovation with us.
Who is CARA?
CARA is a professional services consulting firm that specializes in assisting Fortune 500 companies worldwide. Our unwavering dedication to the success of our clients sets us apart and makes us truly exceptional. We take the time to deeply understand our clients' most pressing challenges and provide them with top-notch custom learning, organizational change management, and communications solutions.
Since 2002, our primary focus has been on building a network of outstanding talent capable of meeting the diverse and complex needs of our clients. Our team of consultants possesses expertise in designing and developing learning solutions, executing strategic and tactical organizational change management, and crafting effective communication solutions.
CARA fosters a collaborative and supportive environment that empowers our employees to thrive both personally and professionally.
What we offer:
- Make an Impact: Lead transformative projects for our Fortune 500 clients, that leave a lasting impact on their success and help shape the future of our clients and our firm.
- Empowered Growth: Thrive in an environment that values your expertise, where your ideas are encouraged, and your career progression is nurtured.
- Collaborative Culture: Join a friendly, collaborative, and supportive team, where collaboration and camaraderie fuel our success.
- Flexibility and Balance: Embrace a remote-first work environment, with occasional onsite team gatherings (4 times a year), essential in-person connections, and the freedom to balance work and life.
- Learning and Development: Contribute to your professional growth with access to ongoing learning opportunities and the latest industry insights.
- Social Responsibilities: Participate in charitable and community outreach events, contributing to meaningful causes, and making a positive impact.
- Paid-Time Off: Benefit from a PTO program, including 10 paid holidays and increasing vacation days based on tenure.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Receive comprehensive health plans, including healthcare, dental, and vision coverage.
- Peace of Mind: Access employer-paid life insurance (with supplemental options) and other voluntary insurance choices for added security.
- Performance-Based Bonuses: Be eligible for bonuses based on company performance and KPIs.
- Financial Security: Secure your financial future with access to CARA's 401(k) retirement plan.
- Wellbeing: Utilize the Employee Assistance Program to support your wellbeing and mental health.
- Remote Work Flexibility: Receive remote allowances, including setup and a monthly allowance for connectivity and office supplies, ensuring a comfortable work-from-home environment.
At CARA, we take pride in fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in celebrating the unique contributions of every individual and ensuring that all employees feel valued and respected. In line with the Gaelic meaning of our name, 'Friend,' we treat each other with camaraderie and mutual respect, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for everyone on our team.
For more information on CARA’s culture, watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3MB3bKIS8
For information on CARA thought leadership on change management: